Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Best Times in Life

I used to think that the best times in my life were spent with my friends. Away from the house with no rules and nobody to tell me what to do....I mean what could've been better? Boy was I completely wrong :)

Over the past 3 months I have realized that everything I thought I knew was nothing but a lie. My 'friends' who were supposed to be practically family and who were always gonna be there for me were the first to leave me out in the cold. Whether it was really stupid mistakes, drugs, or stupid cat fights....something always seemed to tear us apart. It became a constant struggle to try and keep a friendship going. EVERYDAY was another new problem that killed the friendship more and more.

I've been staying in Florida with my sister,brother,and soon to be nephew :) Through this experience I've been able to realize who my True Friends really are...and yes they really are few and far between. I am trying my best to make sure that I keep my friendships that are real together and as Drama-Free as possible :)

I've had more fun this past week sitting in an apartment with my sister and brother than I have had in the past 2 years with friends at home. I've finally come to the conclusion that The Best Times in Life aren't spent partying, acting stupid, and doing whatever you can just to 'break the rules'. The Best Times in Life are spent in the presence of those that you truly love and care about!!! {Even if all you do is sit at the house and watch TV all day :)}

No comments: