Saturday, September 19, 2009

A New Addition....


This Beautiful puppy is the latest addition to our small family. I think he is a lab/terrier mix....but were not really sure. The Vet guesses he was around 6 months old now and wouldn't get a whole lot bigger.

The day before yesterday my mama and me started noticing a whining sound around the house. We just assumed it was a cat and didn't pay much attention. Well as the whining grew louder and more constant, we opened the door and realized it was a dog under our house. And anybody that knows me knows I am a dog lover so I ran outside to see. There was this cute little puppy staring at me. Usually stray dogs aren't known to be so friendly to people but boy was he different. He ran right out and rolled over on his back for us to rub his belly. So we gave him some milk and called around to see whose dog this was. Well nobody claimed him so we came to the conclusion that he was dumped. How can anybody do that to a puppy??

Anyway, my mom and me took him to the Vet. He was covered in cuts and scratches all over and we couldn't just leave him. So after some convincing and showing my daddy a picture we decided to keep him. We named him Roscoe because he reminded us of my late grandpa. Anybody that knew him knew he always frowned. Whether Bama or the Braves were winning or when he was cracking a joke...he always frowned. I kid you not this dog frowns. He has a slight underbite and his lips curl downward.

Having him so far has been awesome. I had 3 dogs before we moved but they went to love with another family. However, Roscoe has made himself comfortable in our house. He already has his spot to sleep in my bed...has his favorite toy...and is actually very easy to train. Only one accident in the house so far buts that's cause waited too long to take him out this morning. I hope everything keeps going good....Mama is even starting to get attached :)

No comments: